Who we are
Suggested text: Our website address is: http://18.104.22.168.
Suggested text: When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Suggested text: If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Suggested text: If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Suggested text: Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
Suggested text: If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
Suggested text: If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
Suggested text: If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Suggested text: Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
MARBLE CITY TRAVEL IS COMMITTED TO PROTECTING YOUR DATA
The privacy and confidentiality of personal information is important, and we are committed to maintaining the privacy and security of your personal information. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you or you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. As Data Controllers under the Data Protection Act 1988 we fully endorse and adhere to the principles of the Irish Data Protection legislation and will ensure that we:
- Obtain and process information fairly.
- Keep information only for one or more specified, explicit and lawful purpose.
- Use and disclose information only in ways compatible with these purposes.
- Keep information safe and secure.
- Keep information accurate, complete and up to date.
- Ensure that information is adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- Retain information for no longer than is necessary for the specified purpose or purposes.
- Give a copy of personal data to the individual from whom it was taken upon written request.
Our Privacy Statement is a legal requirement underpinned by three distinct pieces of legislation: The Data Protection Acts 1988 & 2003 (“The Acts”) Statutory Instrument Number 336 of 2011 European Communities (Electronic Communications Networks and Services) (Privacy and Electronic Communications) Regulations 2011 (“SI 336/2011”) EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (“GDPR”) We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time and from time to time without notice by publishing a new version on our website. Please refer to the top of this document to see date of the latest version in force.
By using our website and voluntarily providing any personal data to us through booking or browsing, you confirm that you agree to and consent to the terms of this Privacy Statement on your behalf and on behalf of others you are representing including but not limited to organisations and whose information you submit and including the collection and use of information, to the extent that your consent is required by any applicable law. Continued access and use of the Site without acceptance of the terms of this Privacy Statement relieves us from responsibility to the user.
Information we collect on the website may be used for the following purposes:
- •To operate and provide the search, booking, accounts, review, forums and other services, facilities and functions of our websites. This includes managing any accounts or registrations you may have with our websites and making changes to your settings and profile at your request.
- To provide information to you about our website, systems and services, including to respond to booking enquiries and searches, and to keep you updated generally.
- To enable you to make bookings, and to fulfil, provide, perform, administer, manage, and enforce all bookings, orders, and other contracts which relate to you (including if you are a guest in a booking made by someone else), and to process any transactions authorised or made with us which relate to you.
- To collect and make payments due and administer our accounts.
- To communicate with you concerning any enquiries, bookings, services provided, problems and complaints, and to respond to any submissions, enquiries or requests from you. (Services Provided : Booking – including but not exclusive to – cruise, flights, hotels, attractions, insurance and ancillary services.
- To keep internal records and maintain reasonable archives, including concerning as to enquiries, bookings, contracts, services, and complaints.
- To analyse, audit, provide, operate, administer, maintain and improve our business, website, systems, and services; to carry out surveys and analyse the results; to run promotions and competitions; to assist us in and help us to improve our sales, advertising and marketing processes; and to provide training to our staff, sub-contractors and suppliers. For example, we may use your personal data to help us profile how our customers generally are using our websites and booking services with (or through) us. We may also use this information to ascertain interests so that we can better tailor our business offerings.
- To carry out direct which you can opt out of by ticking the consent question on the newsletter. To report aggregate information concerning usage of our websites. We normally create anonymous statistical data about browsing actions and patterns, and do not identify any individual. For any purpose which we have obtained your consent to.
We share your personal data with third parties in the following circumstances:
- We may disclose your personal data to third parties (including intermediaries) as necessary to carry out any checks concerning you or enforce any booking or contract with you (including credit, security, fraud and identity checks). This may include credit reference agencies and other companies for use in credit decisions, for fraud prevention and to pursue debtors.
- We disclose your personal data to third parties (including intermediaries) as necessary to deal with any booking enquiry being made by or for you, to make any booking requested by or for you, to perform and administer any booking for you or other contract with or in respect of you. Such third parties may include any suppliers or sub- contractors and their agents.
RIGHT OF ACCESS
RIGHT OF RECTIFICATION OR ERASURE
EXTENT OF DATA BEING PROCESSED
We process the following types of personal data:
- Personal Data – concerning you as an individual which includes your name, gender, date of birth, address, telephone, mobile, e-mail, card and other payment details, health information relevant to your planned travel or services required, results of searches carried out against you if required (such as to verify your identity, address, and credit status), your preferences, and any other information provided to us by or in relation to you which concern you as an individual. Business related data – if you are an individual associated with a business or other organisation that is our customer, then your personal data may include the following information that we link to you: business or organisation details (such as name, address, telephone numbers, payment arrangements, financial information, etc.), your relationship with that business or organisation (such as owner, partner, director, shareholder, employee, or agent), and your contact details within that business (such as work address, work telephone and mobile numbers, work fax number, and work e- mail address). Survey Information – information collected or generated out of any surveys we conduct.
- Competition Information – Information collected or generated out of any competitions or promotions we run. Account, Registration and Loyalty Information – Information concerning any accounts, registrations, or memberships with us, or participation in any loyalty program.
We (and any affiliate, subcontractor or other person processing your personal data on our behalf) may transfer, store and otherwise process your personal data anywhere in the world. Where we disclose your personal data to third parties, that disclosure may also involve a transfer of your personal data anywhere in the world, and those third parties may themselves transfer, store or otherwise process that information anywhere in the world. In each case, we will comply with any legal requirements concerning the transfer of your personal data by us to any third party outside the country where we are established, and where your personal data is still controlled by us or is being stored or otherwise processed on our behalf, our security measures will also apply. We are committed to doing what we reasonably can to keep your personal data secure, and we are obliged by law to put in place appropriate technical and organisational measures against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data. We have accordingly implemented security policies, rules and technical measures with a view to achieving this:
- We use Secured Socket Layer (“SSL”) software in order to encrypt the personal information that you provide to us whilst it is in transit over the internet. This will work if your browser is SSL enabled (which most are). You can verify that this is working by looking for the symbol of a closed lock or solid key on the bottom bar of your browser window, and checking that the prefix for the web address in the browser address bar has changed from “http” to “https”. The personal information we collect from you online is stored by us and/or our service providers on databases protected through a combination of physical and electronic access controls, firewall technology and other reasonable security measures. For your own privacy protection, we encourage you to maintain anti-virus and other malware protection software on your computers and other devices, and to maintain your own measures to protect your personal data. Please do not include sensitive personal data in any e-mails you may send to us, including payment card information. We also encourage you to be careful about who you give personal data to. We never contact you to ask you for sensitive personal data, such as payment card information, or sensitive personal data such as passport numbers or log- in details, and we will only ask you for such information in person or through our website, or by telephone in connection with a booking you are making or have made. Please let us know if you someone purports to contact you in our name.
USE OF SERVICES BY MINORS
Our website and all the services provided are not intended for individuals under the age of eighteen (18) and we request that they not do not use our website and do not provide personal information through our website. Our Privacy Statement prohibits us from accepting users who are under the age of 18 and all persons under the age of 18 are directed not to use, post information to or submit queries on this website. Should we inadvertently acquire personal information or other data from users under the age of 18, we will not knowingly provide this data to any third party for any purpose whatsoever, and any subsequent disclosure would be due to the fact the user under age 18 used the website and submitted personal information without solicitation by or permission from us.
ACCURATE, COMPLETE AND UP TO DATE
We are not responsible for ensuring that any personal information submitted by you on or through our website and our online services are accurate and up-to-date. Should you wish to verify whether or not the personal information you provided us with, that is held or may still be held by us is up-to-date, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org Data Protection Officer Hotel Kilkenny We will endeavour to respond to your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
ADEQUATE, RELEVANT AND NOT EXCESSIVE
Unless specifically requested, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information on or through our website and our online services or otherwise to us. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed. In addition, there may be certain information to which we are unable to enable you to review, for legal, security, or other reasons.
- We keep your personal data for so long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which we use it, and if longer, for any duration required by law, and for statutory claims limitation periods where your personal data may be relevant to any possible liability we may have.
COMPLAINT RESOLUTION MECHANISM
The laws we comply with are regulated by Data Protection Commissioner. If you have a complaint or concern, please feel free to contact us to discuss the matter and we will strive to assist you and resolve your issue. Should you wish to seek assistance from a government regulator, the Data Protection Commissioner contact details are here below. Data Protection Commissioner Canal House Station Road Portarlington Co. Laois Ireland R32 AP23